City on the Go
Common Good. Uncommonly Great.
Goshen is the vibrant center to Northern Indiana’s Heritage Trail. Look at a map and you’ll see that almost all roads lead to this varied collection of beautifully restored turn-of-the-century buildings and tidy Victorian homes. It’s also a magnet for young, creative entrepreneurs and is laced with eclectic shops, specialty boutiques and cozy cafés set throughout the historic downtown. Just outside of town, walking and biking paths fan out along the Maple City Greenway and the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail.
- Start the day with the "Fritz breakfast Special" at the popular County Seat diner.
- Try it on for size while sipping coffee shopping at Woldruff's Footwear and Apparel
- Snag a stool and order a "Green River" soda at South Side Soda Shop, featured on the Food Network's "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives"
- Get happy with finger snappin', toe-tappin', tear-up-the-floor live blue grass, folk, Celtic and blues performances at LVD Concert Hall
- Indulge on a mile-high buttercream frosted cupcake at Dutch Maid Bakery
- End the day with a late night stop at Constant Spring for a Woodchuck Cider and good conversation
Only in Goshen
- Peek into the bunker-like police booth on the Corner of Main & Lincoln dating back to the days when John Dillinger was the bane of bankers
- Join the Saturday morning regulars at the Mill Race Farmers Market for a steaming cup of java and melt-in-your-mouth chocolate croissant from Rachel's
- Dance in the streets and chat with locals during the downtown monthly celebration -First Fridays
- Sit-back, swirl, smell, and taste a variety of wines from full-bodied reds to crisp whites at The Wine Cellar
- Take time for tapas prepared with an Asian flair while watching the Main Street action at Kelly Jae's Cafe
- Admire the artistry and talk with nationally known quilters, potters and sculptors at the Old Bag Factory