Embrace the Pace
A Pace to embrace Nappanee’s many shops, beautifully restored murals and storied architecture can be enjoyed with a leisurely stroll. A window to another world The quiet rhythms of Amish life – more than 3,500 Old Order Amish make their homes here – are revealed along back roads dotted with pristine white farmhouses, grazing cattle and the eclectic Countryside Shoppes – a collection of rural retailers offering everything from quilts to cabinetry. A Storied past The town’s colorful history is preserved at the Nappanee Center. It’s packed with fascinating memorabilia and includes a tribute to the area’s celebrated cartoonists and generations of furniture crafters.
- Take in a Saturday evening flick at the 1930's era Nappanee Theatre
- Sip a variety of fine wines from Indiana and Michigan wineries to discern the differences in each variety and vineyard at Amish Acres Wine Tasting Loft.
- Indulge on tempting hand-dipped chocolates from Veni's Sweet Shop
- Dine with a group of friends and family passing platters of Amish home-made favorites at Mullets Dining
- Taste a unique sweet - ice cream frozen with liquid nitrogen at Rocket Science Ice Cream in the shops at Coppes Commons.
- Make your little girl's dreams come true with an "dollhouse bed" from Weaver Furniture Barn
Only in Nappanee
- Capture memories of "Smokey Stover" with a replica of the famous Foo Mobile at the Nappanee Center. Bill Homan was one of several cartoonists who called Nappanee home.
- Pair pastoral views with delicious food enjoying a Threshers Meal in Amish Acres Restaurant Barn
- Set out for back road adventures and great shopping following the course charted on the Nappanee Chamber's Countryside Shoppes map
- Step in to a former buggy shed now a charming quilt shop and chat with Mary Alice at her Martin's Quilt Shop
- Browse the booths of 300 vendors at Dutch Village Market. It's one stop shopping for that special something.
- Enjoy top-notch live musical theatre in the impressive setting of a restored 1911 round barn at Amish Acres Round Barn Theatre