5 places for art in downtown Elkhart
Here are 5 great places to find art of all kinds in Downtown Elkhart:
- Wine and Canvas is at 409 S Main. This entertaining art studio lets folks chat with friends, sip wine and express their inner artist. Join the fun of an art class as an instructor guides you in creating a particular painting, which is posted prior to the class on their website. At the end of the class everyone has their own masterpiece to take home.
- Elk River Upcycle and n.wirt designs at 205 S. Main showcases common old fixtures and other pieces (many salvaged from old homes) that have been turned into uncommon art. Everything old is new again at this unique store.
- Thompson’s Gallery, located at 111 East Lexington, offers custom picture framing, art sales, originals, signed lithographs, posters, pottery and antique engravings. In the summer, you can often find the owner sitting outside chatting over coffee with whoever stops by.
- Midwest Museum of American Art is located at 429 South Main. The museum exhibits a wide array of noted works from oils to sculpture by well-known American artists. An extensive collection of Norman Rockwell’s signed lithographs is housed on the second floor. Learn more about art at noon-time talks each Thursday.
- Faces of Art at 522 South Main features works of local artists ranging from hand-made jewelry to sculptures and paintings and fine prints and professional photography. They also offer art classes.
Have fun at these places while you discover downtown Elkhart.
Leave a Comment or Question:
You must be logged in to post a comment.