5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Amish Country
Valentine’s Day is a Saturday this year, so be sure to make reservations and plans soon. Here are 5 entertaining (and some romantic) ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day in Amish Country:
1. Valentine’s Day Dinner at the Essenhaus features the talents of northern Indiana resident, Hannah Trager, who will provide beautiful acoustic guitar, piano and vocal entertainment during both dinner sittings. Enjoy an upscale meal and live classic jazz music in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere at the Essenhaus Inn & Conference Center. Dinner for two is priced at $79.00. Dinner for two and overnight accommodations at their charming inn (includes specialty chocolates, long-stemmed rose and sparkling grape juice) is priced at $199.00. Seating times for dinner is 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. http://www.essenhaus.com/page/91/Heritage-Hall
2. The Farmhouse Weddings in Nappanee is also hosting Valentine’s Day dinner. Enjoy an intimate farmhouse style dinner catered by Mad Anthony’s. The menu includes: appetizers of cream cheese pepper poppers and caprese skewers; the entrée features homemade meatloaf, chicken & noodles, mashed potatoes, honey glazed carrots, and rolls; and enjoy cherry cobbler and apple crisp for dessert. A caricature artist will be onsite, free of charge, for those who wish to have a keepsake of the day. Serving times are 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. Reserve your seat by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Dinner is $35 per person includes tax and gratuity.
3. The Blue Gate is offering comedy performances both Friday and Saturday evenings. On Friday, enjoy a performance by Taylor Mason, Comedian/Ventriloquist. On Saturday, Jeff Allen will make you laugh. Their package includes dinner and theater, a carriage ride and a rose for your loved one. Package is $119. http://www.riegsecker.com/shipshewana/bluegatetheater/schedule/index.php
4. You and your sweetheart are guaranteed to have a lighthearted night at The Lerner when comedian Bill Engvall performs with special guest Gary Brightwell for two shows, 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. And while you’re in Downtown Elkhart, dinner at Artisan, Elkhart’s newest fine dining restaurant, would make a prefect date night. Tickets for Bill Engvall are $46.50 or $36.50 depending on seating. http://www.downtownelkhart.org/
5. For those of who want a running start on Valentine’s Day, join the fun participating in the Frosty 5K and Mitten Mile in Elkhart. http://www.stonesouppromotions.com/
Leave a Comment or Question:
You must be logged in to post a comment.