Best places to walk your dog #INElkhartCo
Be sure to use #INElkhartCo
Explore these places with your pooch:
- Ox Bow County Park: There’s a paved loop, an observation tower, and plenty of woodlands to check out.
- Millrace Canal Trail: Connects downtown Goshen with the Goshen Dam Pond, with neighborhoods and parks in between.
- Ridge Run Trail/Pumpkinvine Nature Trail: Great views and places to sit and rest in these two trails that connect much of Middlebury
- Dog parks: The cities of Elkhart and Nappanee offer parks just for canines. Elkhart’s is at High Dive Park just north of downtown, and the Nappanee Dog Park can be accessed off Oakland Avenue at the Derksen Wetlands Area.
- Bonneyville Mill County Park: You’ll love the historic mill (great place for a photo with your dog!), but your pet will probably love the trails and hilly woodlands even more.
NOTE: Remember to observe park rules for pets, which generally means keeping them on a leash, and clean up after them!
Be sure to check out our list of Best Pet-Friendly Stops too!