National Farmer’s Market Week
August 5-12 is National Farmer’s Market Week. To help you celebrate fresh, tasty and healthy here’s a list of the top 5 most popular Farmer’s Markets in Amish Country.
1. Goshen’s Mill Race Farmer’s Market. I love this market because they work hard to bring organic to the table.
2. Shipshewana Flea Market has a great Farmer’s Market section with a wide selection. Fill your shopping bag with all kinds of local produce.
3. Elkhart has a new Farmer’s Market downtown that takes place on Tuesday and Friday’s, 11 a.m – 7 p.m. Thursday and Saturday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
4. Bullard’s in Elkhart has been the go to place for sweet corn for decades. They carry a variety of produce along with pies and other goodies baked by local bakers.
5. Although not traditional Farmer’s Markets, summer thru fall roadside stands selling fresh-from-the-field produce dot Amish Country backroads.
It’s hard to beat the taste of a ripe, homegrown tomato or biting into an ear of newly picked sweet corn. Not to mention juicy watermelons. Treat yourself and make a day of it visiting our area Farmer’ Markets and farm-stands.
Leave a Comment or Question:
You must be logged in to post a comment.