Top 10 Sunday Stops
1) Marvel at colorful, quilt-inspired, super-sized gardens – each in a different pattern – plus enjoy
hand-painted quilt-themed murals on the self-guided Quilt Gardens along the Heritage Trail.
It’s FREE May 30- October 1 Maps are available at each Quilt Garden location. QuiltGardens.com
2) Put the pedal to the metal along the scenic Pumpkinvine Nature Trail, – the 25-mile stretch is
great for walking, hiking, running , jogging, biking and mountain biking. Pumpkinvine.org
3) Pedal, paddle, picnic and play in one of the area’s many scenic parks.
HTAdventures Outdoor Recreation
4) Catch the “daily grind” (May – October) and purchase freshly-ground flour from Bonneyville
Mill – the most photographed site in the area. Just South of SR 120, Bristol ElkhartCountyParks.org
5) Hop aboard the Enchanted Railroad to ride through 9 acres of display gardens and visit the
petting zoo at Linton’s Enchanted Gardens. 315 County Road 17, Elkhart LintonsEnchantedGardens.com
6) Enjoy lunch at Amish Acre’s Restaurant Barn followed by a matinee performance in the rustic
Round Barn Theatre. Guided farm tours, wagon rides and shops are also open.
1600 West Market Street (US 6), Nappanee AmishAcres.com
7) Tour the Beaux-Arts beauty of Ruthmere Mansion, featured on A&E’s America’s Castles.
302 East Beardsley Avenue, Elkhart Ruthmere.org
8) Wander the Midwest Museum of American Art, home to the Midwest’s largest Norman
Rockwell collection. 429 South Main Street, Elkhart MidwestMuseum.us
9) Crystalline water once powered Elkhart’s 19th century mills. Today, this 36 acre site is home to
Wellfield Botanic Gardens where individual gardens are created in this native habitat.
1011 North Main Street, Elkhart WellfieldGardens.org
10) Drive the Heritage Trail, named “One of America’s Most Scenic Drives” by the editors of LIFE.®
On Sundays, pick up the Heritage Trail CD from local hotels, B&Bs or attractions. AmishCountry.org/heritage.trail
Helpful Hint: When contacting these attractions by phone, we suggest calling Monday – Friday
as you may get a recorded message on weekends.
Download our Top Sunday Stops PDF here